Jason G. Shoemaker
Jason G. Shoemaker is a native of Morristown, TN. He practices in the areas of real estate and estate planning. His practice areas also focus on a variety of issues affecting businesses – including transactions, business formation and planning, tax planning, civil litigation, employment law, debt collection, and construction law.
Jason is a graduate of the Liberty University School of Law in Lynchburg, VA. While at law school, he served on the Editorial Board of the Liberty Law Review, Student Bar Association, and the Alternative Dispute Resolution Board. Jason was the inaugural champion of the Liberty Law Negotiation Competition. Additionally, Jason served as a law clerk for the Honorable Norman Moon in the United States District Court in Lynchburg as well as for Martin and Raynor, PC in Charlottesville.
Prior to attending law school, Jason worked for eight years in the construction and engineering industries. Jason earned his undergraduate degree in electrical engineering with a minor in business administration from the University of Tennessee.
When he is not practicing, Jason enjoys hiking, tennis, skiing, and following the fortunes of the Tennessee Volunteers. He lives in Lynchburg with his wife, Margo, daughter Caroline, son Thomas, and Soft-Coated Wheaton Terriers, Shadow and Benz.
- Lynchburg Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar – Section on Real Property
- First Presbyterian Weekday School – Board of Directors
- First Presbyterian Church – Ordained Elder; Facilities Committee
*Admitted to practice in all Virginia State Courts and Federal Courts in the Western District of Virginia.
Shoemaker Law, PLLC, provides an umbrella of legal services to individuals, closely held corporations, and lending institutions throughout Lynchburg and Central Virginia.
Practice Areas are limited to the following: real estate, estate planning, construction law, civil litigation, business planning.
The Philosophy of Shoemaker Law, PLLC
Because law is a relationship business; because you or your business will be much better off if you develop a good long-term working relationship with a lawyer,
Shoemaker Law is focused on the long haul. Short term gains at the expense of long term goals are not in anyone’s best interest.
The Pledge of Shoemaker Law, PLLC
Whether you are a client, a potential client, or a member of my community, I pledge the following to you…
If retained to represent you (or your business), I promise to:
- Return phone calls and other correspondence promptly.
- Report on client matters regularly and effectively.
- Treat you with integrity and respect at all times.
- Provide practical business advice as well as skilled legal expertise.
- Use my expertise not just to solve current problems, but to prevent future ones.
As an attorney, I promise to:
- Educate myself continually about significant issues that may affect my clients.
- Embrace technology and process engineering to save my clients time and money.
- Maintain strong ties to my community and use my privileged position to better my community in ways that do not benefit me financially.
The Mission of Shoemaker Law, PLLC
The Firm’s Mission is to:
- Provide high quality, creative, and result-oriented legal services to individuals and businesses.
- Treat each client’s money and legal issue as if it were our own.
- Take a genuine interest in understanding client objectives.
- Meet or exceed client expectations.